How are you all? Connecting with everyone at once has proven to become a real challenging feat. But I hope that you can take some time to read this Letter.
This weekend a few of us had an interesting conversation as we wrapped up for the day at Food Pantry Give-Away. We spoke about the building we are in and wondered why we were still there. We thought about the possibilities if we didn’t have to pay for utilities or Building maintenance. It was a great time of envisioning Missions trips, serving our community better and even expansion of RED 4 Christ Ministries as we host services in homes, making an impact in more than one community. This dreaming session is nothing new. Pastor and I have often thought of this and have kept it in our heart as we pray. Several churches have gone this direction already, and it is actually the model of the primitive church.
But while I love the concept and hope to someday realize this dream, I had to observe why having a building is currently viable and relevant in this season.
- We Can Bless Others - Two weeks ago I received an emergency call from another pastor in our beloved city, asking if she could rent the building that weekend. She had prepared an Encounter retreat and the church she had booked the event in told her they could not open the doors for her that weekend, as they had an emergency as well. We were able to rent her the space and the testimonies that followed blessed us greatly. I was so thankful that we were in the position to help another ministry.
- Outreach and Benevolence - We would not be able to host Food Pantry Give-Away without a Building. The Church Build traditionally has been a beacon of hope, safety and benevolence in all communities for Centuries. It is a Centerpiece of any town or City.
- Mental Health / Fellowship- I also noticed that church for some people is important because it may be the only Fellowship they get all week especially during a pandemic. No matter how mature in the Lord you may be Fellowship is a required act of worship. Fellowship honors God but it also helps us stay in our right mind, whole and connected to our Brothers and sisters. This generation is subjected to working two or three jobs and most are not willing to come home after a long day of work and host a weekly gathering in their home. Also very few people have a large enough home to host gatherings in. There has to be a willingness on the part of the Home owner to host gatherings. Unfortunately, few display that willingness; making the building an important asset for the church.
- Harvest – According to Biblical Prophecy (Matt. 24) a great harvest of souls is expected in the last days. I believe that there will be a need for buildings that people can come together in for Worship, education and equipping of the saints; Hubs that the people can all their own. But we also believe that Church will look very different from what we see right now, they will be more like Centers and there will not be many of them, but rather a few large centers spread about the Region. These Hubs will be important for Ministering to the Whole Person touching all 7 Mountains of Ministry. These Mountains are as Follows, and each believer is called to at least one of them:
Which Mountain are you called to?
We continue to prayerfully ponder on God’s next move but we are clear that RED 4 Christ Ministries’ part and mandate is to equip the Saints.
We are thankful for you who have stayed faithful and stand with us as we hear from God for RED. We also welcome all of you to share your thoughts and prayers with us. If you should have a dream a vision or have an idea concerning RED please don’t hesitate to share it with us. We are all in this together.
Is RED 4 Christ Ministries Your Home Church?
We are forever encouraged by God’s provision. For the past several months we have barely met the budget but God has met us each time. He never fails. He has continued to remind us that RED is His baby He loves this ministry and is building it Himself. But He also reminds us that we have not, because we ask not. We admit that we have not always been great at asking, and we repent of that. His instructions are simple, teach the people to give. Ask and you shall receive. This is their house and they are mandated to invest and offer up provisions for the storehouse. It is the responsibility of each member to take care of God’s house. So, if you call RED your Home Church, invest yourself in it. This act of Worship before the Lord as you honor Him with your substance, will truly bless you.
This weekend Pastor preached the importance of staying in the Word of God. Did you get to hear the preached word this weekend? We desire to see each one of you grow and mature in the Lord. And we hope you are hearing the word of God preached and recorded every Sunday at RED. We want to be sure you are being reached so that you are equipped for the last days.
RED is a Good church and deserves to be sustained because the Word of God is preached there.
John Calvin, a theologian once said, “Wherever we see the Word of God purely preached and heard, there a church of God exists, even if it swarms with many faults.”
Let’s give together!
Last year for Christmas we got together and gave to Samaritans Purse Shoe Box Gifts for Kids. This year we would like to donate to Angel Tree Prison Fellowship. This ministry provides gifts to kids, who have a parent in prison. Here is the Link so that you can personally send your gift, or you can send your gift to RED and we can put a collection together to send as one in the name of the church.
The picture below is for Angel tree fellowship. click on the photo to be directed to their giving page.
If you want to donate to the church directly, go to thGiving Page in the website and click on Missions. Or add a note to your giving that says Missions.
Would you also consider supporting RED as we approach the end of the year?
We need your support in several ways.
I want to challenge you, that together with Holy Spirit, you decide in your heart what offering you will bring to Jesus this year. RED 4 Christ Ministries has several needs to be met:
- On Food Pantry give-away 5 of us were present plus the Trinity and by God’s beautiful Grace we were able to Set-up, Serve and tear-down joyfully and efficiently. It doesn’t take a whole lot of people but it helps to alleviate the stress when more people carry the burden together. We hope to see you there next time.
- The Side door which was our main and most convenient entrance needs to be replaced and the floor beneath the door needs to be fixed. This project is estimated to cost between $1,800 to $2000.
- There is a Man hole in the Parking Lot that needs to be covered. We need someone to take on this project; Finding the Manhole cover or making one to fit, and arranging for the placement. This project is estimated to cost around $200.
- We have been in this building for 8 years now and that is how old the carpet is. The carpet is long overdue for a nice deep cleaning. We need this priced and arranged. Would you consider taking this on?
We thank you again, for your continued support. These projects can be completed if we all get together and make it happen. We are praying for you. And hope you are blessed this holiday season with the desires of your heart.
With Love and In His Light,
Pastors Nate and Brisy
8 Comments on this post:
We stand as ONE together.. God provides even miraculously. We call in the funds and the people who are ready and willing to put wings to our needs and prayers. Fear not! (I know you don't!) Father, send your angels and ministering saints and helpers to RED4Chrst to meet the vision and the needs of our church body. Expand our tents and let the JOY of the LORD strengthen and carry us in this season of testing and deliverance. We worship You, Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit.
Thank you for just being there all the time when we need you thank you for your prayers and for all the love and support you give us I will try my best to help with anything that I can help in with God’s help.
Thank you Pastors for all that you guys do and for believing always in the vision for RED, although it’s been different and rough this year we continue to stand firm with you guys and anything you guys need or the church the De La Cruz Guzmán family is here to help we’re not handy but we can help by donating the 200$ that is needed to cover the hole on the floor parking lot. Love you guys!
Gracias Pastores for su obediencia a Dios y sobre todo por ser como son, para mi. Muy especiales...
Solo diganme y alli estare o los apoyare de alfura u otra manera. Los amo
United we stand, United we will overcome. I believe in you. We can overcome this time. We will see God in this, and praise Him for his good works.
Thank you Toni for your prayers... we feel them!
Selene, thank you for your continued support we are in this together for the Glory of God.
I pray you receive all the help you need and thank you for all you do for others. ❤
Thank you Pastors for all your work and dedication in this ministry and most importantly for always seeking God for His guidance and will to be done. I can fully dedicate myself in assisting with the pantry and also in looking into the cost and labor we need to maintenance the building with cleaning it. I am here to honor the Lord foremost and to serve along your side to the best of my abilities.